The ketogenic diet is an increasingly used method of losing weight. The basis of this method is that by lowering carbohydrate foods, body fats can be used as an energy source.
However, finding allowable dinner ideas can be difficult for a keto beginner.
Here are two examples of keto dinners to make in 15 and 30 minutes to get you out of trouble.
Keto dinner examples
A ketogenic dinner is a low carbohydrate dinner; flours, sugar, and cereals are prohibited foods in these dishes.
However, this is not to say that you can’t make a delicious keto dinner. The first example is for a beginner in the kitchen and the second for the most daring in gastronomy.
Here are two examples of a keto dinner:
- Keto mushroom omellete
This keto mushroom omellete is an example of a ketogenic dinner suitable for everyone, even the least inexperienced in the kitchen. Its preparation time is 15 minutes, and its difficulty level is low. For this, you need:
- Three eggs
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- One tablespoon of Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 onion or leek
- 120 grams of mushrooms (champignones, portobellos)
- Salt and pepper
- Beat the eggs to a frothy consistency in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over moderate heat. Add the onion, mushrooms, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and wait for the omellete to form a firm consistency. At this time, add the Parmesan cheese.
- Take care and use a spatula to shape the omellete and lower the heat.
- Remove when seeing a brown coloration in all parts of the omellete, and when touching with the spatula, there are no soft parts.
- Ready, you have a keto dinner to serve at the table.
- Energy: 520 KCal
- Total carbohydrates: 6 g
- Total fat: 43 g
- Proteins: 25 g
- Salmon with spinach leaves and lemon sauce
The second example of a ketogenic dinner is for the more daring and higher level in the kitchen; however, it is a guaranteed success. Preparation time: 30 minutes. Difficulty level: medium.
- 200 cc of vegetable broth
- 200 cc of heavy cream
- One clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 20 g of parsley, finely chopped
- Lemon juice (medium)
- Black pepper and salt
- 200 g white salmon
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Xanthic gum (optional)
- Five spinach leaves
- 10 Tomates cherry
- Put the broth to reduce over low heat (concentrate by half) to prepare the sauce.
- Add the heavy cream, parsley, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Carefully spread the xanthan gum over the surface without lumps forming. Shake occasionally.
- Preheat another pan for the salmon. If it is non-stick better, you will avoid the use of oil or butter. Press about three times, being careful not to break the fillet to extract the water. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side over high heat. Once macerated, lower the heat to the minimum. And add the spinach leaves.
- Add salt and pepper, and serve with the sauce and cherry tomatoes.
- You can put the salmon in the oven with aluminum foil for 5 minutes to give it a better texture.
- Ready you have a keto dinner bomb for two.
- Energy: 850 KCal
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Proteins: 53 g
- Fat: 68 g
A keto dinner is a low-carb dinner. Classic examples are omelets and oven-roasted meats.
If you do not have a lot of time or skills in the kitchen, you can start with the first example; if you are already skilled in the kitchen, you may be able to try more gastronomic keto dinner options.