Knowing what to eat for breakfast is essential when it comes to losing weight.
A good breakfast should help you lose weight, but it should be balanced and balanced. If you want to lose weight healthily, your breakfast must provide all the nutrients your body needs.
Here are ten breakfast ideas to lose weight healthily.
- Scrambled eggs
Scrambled eggs are a breakfast classic to lose weight. To prepare them creamy, put a little olive oil over low heat. Add three eggs, and with a spatula, remove the whites without breaking the yolks. Once the whites are cooked, break the yolks and add lean cheese. Ready you have an example of an ideal breakfast to lose weight.
// Read more: Importance of breakfast to lose weight
- Smoothie with chia, fruits, and coconut oil
To lose weight, you need coconut oil, sugar-free muesli, fruits, and chia seeds to prepare this breakfast. You can add unsweetened peanut butter to give it a more intense and rich flavor.
This is a not-so-low-calorie type of breakfast. However, it is high in fiber, healthy fats, and protein. These ingredients will keep you full for a long time, you won’t want to eat unhealthy calories, and they can help you lose weight.
// Read more: How to lose weight? – Methods that do work
- Rye bread with avocado
This breakfast example helps lose weight, but it is easy and delicious. You can prepare it even if you have little time in the morning.
Rye bread is one of the best types of bread for weight loss. It has a high vegetable fiber content and a low glycemic index, so it maintains a feeling of fullness for longer.
// Read more: How to lose weight without diet or exercise?
- Oat pancakes
The oatmeal pancake is one of the examples of classic weight-loss breakfasts. You need two whites, one egg, and 100 grams of oats for the dough. You can add red fruits such as cherries or blueberries to give it more flavor.
// Read more: How to make an oatmeal pancake without flour or sugar?
- Greek yogurt with sugar-free muesli and red berries
If you are looking for a sweet and fast weight loss breakfast, this is a great idea—mix 200 mL of Greek yogurt with berries and unsweetened granola. For added flavor, you can add cinnamon or low-calorie sweeteners like xylitol.
// Read more: Fasting or breakfast – Which is better?
- Cocoa bars with goji berries
If you want to eat for breakfast to lose weight, cocoa bars are an ideal option. You can do them the night before to have more time in the morning.
To prepare them, you must mix 50 grams of coconut oil with 100 grams of cocoa, 50 grams of unsweetened chocolate, one egg, and 100 grams of oat bran. For sweetening, be sure to choose a low calorie sugar substitute. Then you separate and take the mixture to the oven for half an hour at 180 degrees.
- Fruit smoothies
Fruit smoothies are a classic example of breakfast to lose weight. To keep you full for longer, make sure you add some source of protein (milk, yogurt, protein powder) and vegetable fiber (fruits, whole green leaves, seeds).
Other tips to lose weight without dieting
Doing restrictive diets can have good results in the short term. However, it is not the best idea if you want to lose weight permanently and be healthy.
Here are some examples not only to apply at breakfast time but as general rules for losing weight:
- Chew slowly and take longer to eat – Chewing food well makes you eat more slowly. This is associated with lower food intake and reduced appetite. (1,2)
- Eat more protein – If you have become used to eating a breakfast based on cereals, bread, or jams, you may consider switching to a higher protein one, such as eggs. Protein can increase your feeling of fullness, lose weight, and help you eat fewer calories. (3)
- Store unhealthy foods out of sight – If foods high in calories, unhealthy fats, and sugar are visible at home, you’re more likely to choose them over a fruit bowl. However, this does not mean that you never eat them. Storing unhealthy foods out of sight can help you lose weight and feel less hungry.
- Use smaller plates for unhealthy meals – Unhealthy foods provide more calories. To take advantage of both breakfast and dinner, you can serve healthy foods on larger vessels and less healthy foods on smaller plates.
- Eat without electronic distractions People who eat while watching television or playing computer games can lose track of how much they have eaten. This can cause them to overeat. If you want to lose weight without dieting, not eating in front of the TV or using your cell phone could help you.
- How to reduce appetite?
- How to lose weight without diet or exercise?
- Is eating five times a day good for weight loss?
When it comes to losing weight, balancing your breakfast is essential.
A weight loss breakfast should be protein, whole grains, and healthy fats.
Classic examples are oatmeal pancakes, scrambled eggs, and whole-grain bread with skim cheese.