It is no news that dieting is one of the most effective ways to lose belly. However, when it comes to losing weight, the best strategy is not to starve all the time.
There is enough evidence that dieting (extremely restrictive diets) may increase belly size.
According to several studies, people who go on extreme diets gain more weight in the long term than people who never dieted. (1,2,3)
This article details how to eat to lower your belly without the need for a restrictive diet.
Weekly menu plans to lose belly.
The leading causes of excess belly size are overeating and low physical activity. (4,5) Attacking these causes is essential, not only for an aesthetic issue but also for health.
Any nutrition professional can claim that losing your belly in a week is not the best method. The good news – we have developed an eating plan to lower your stomach progressively.
Below you can see what a diet or eating plan would be to lower the belly:
- BREAKFAST: Coffee with skim milk with one whole-wheat toast with lean cheese.
- MID-MORNING: 1 orange or kiwi.
- LUNCH: Baked tuna with broccoli, green salad, and cherry tomatoes. Green Tea.
- SNACK: 1 skim yogurt with chia seeds and blueberries.
- DINNER: Omelette of 1 egg + 1 white with a tomatoes, beans, and beans salad.
- BREAKFAST: Natural orange juice, one whole-wheat toast with lean ham, and a handful of nuts.
- MID-MORNING: 1 low-fat yogurt with half a banana.
- LUNCH: Grilled chicken breast. Cabbage, buckwheat, and grated carrot salad.
- SNACK: 1 apple and skimmed yogurt.
- DINNER: 1 cup of blended soup. One omelet (1 egg + 1 white) with mushrooms. Tomato and olive salad.
- BREAKFAST: Coffee with vegetable milk. Oatmeal pancake with skim cheese spread.
- MID-MORNING: Half a cup of strawberries and one low-fat yogurt.
- LUNCH: Tofu sauteed in coconut oil. Green leafy salad, quinoa, and half an avocado. Green Tea.
- SNACK: 1 peach.
- DINNER: Chicken fillet. Lettuce, tomato, and cucumber salad. ½ cup blueberries
- BREAKFAST: Fresh orange juice with chia with one whole-wheat toast spread with skim cheese and tomato.
- MID-MORNING: 2 slices of pineapple.
- LUNCH: Baked chicken breast with vegetables. Arugula, kale, amaranth, and cucumber salad.
- SNACK: 5 oatmeal cookies
- DINNER: Tomato, tuna, and lean cheese salad. 1 cinnamon tea.
- Friday breakfast: Coffee with almond milk. Oatmeal pancake with thin cheese.
- MID-MORNING: 1 orange.
- LUNCH: Grilled beef steak with brown rice, mushrooms, and spinach. 1 cup of strawberries. Green Tea.
- SNACK: 250 g of chopped fruits and low-fat yogurt.
- DINNER: Omelette with lean cheese. Tomato, cucumber, and black olive salad. 2 pieces of dark chocolate 70% cocoa.
- BREAKFAST: Detox shake with one whole-wheat toast, spreadable lean cheese, and tomatoes.
- MID-MORNING: 2 dark chocolate cubes and half a banana
- LUNCH: Wholemeal pasta with cherry tomato, cheese, and basil.
- SNACK: 1 tangerine and one low-fat yogurt.
- DINNER: Baked fish with vegetables. 1 cup of watermelon. 1 chamomile tea.
- BREAKFAST: Scrambled eggs with tomatoes and three whole-grain cookies. Black coffee.
- MID-MORNING: 1 peach
- LUNCH: Brown rice with wok vegetables, mushrooms, and teriyaki sauce. 1 handful of blueberries. Green Tea.
- SNACK: Protein shake without sugar.
- DINNER: Fish soup with buckwheat and tomatoes. One skim chocolate dessert.
Why not do extreme diets to lower your belly?
By following a restrictive or extreme diet to lower the belly, psychobiological adaptive mechanisms are unleashed over time, causing long-term adverse effects.
With an exaggerated calorie deficit, the body activates a compensatory mechanism to avoid wasting energy and remains in saving mode. The famous rebound effect leads us to the opposite result of lowering the belly.
Deficient carbohydrate diets (such as the keto diet ) are an effective method to lose belly fat. However, if they go on for long periods, they make people feel more hungry than they should. (4)
The proportion of macros in a diet to lose belly
A weekly diet plan for losing belly should include complex carbohydrates with a low glycemic index as the primary macronutrient.
These are whole grains, pseudo-cereals, and vegetables. This type of food provides its energy slowly and continues. This allows a person not to feel hungry throughout the day.
In an ideal menu to lower the belly, the ratio of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats should be 60:15:25, with a calorie reduction of no more than 10%. According to research, this is the ideal ratio of macronutrients to avoid starving when dieting. (5)
- Losing your belly with extreme diets does not give good long-term results.
- A proper eating plan to lower the belly must have a caloric deficit (10-20%) and provide complex carbohydrates as the primary energy source.
- This eating plan is recommended most by nutritionists to lower the belly healthily.