When starting the ketogenic diet, one of the factors that most influenced the regime’s abandonment was the lack of bread.
If you want to stay in ketosis and eat bread simultaneously, the only way is to include keto bread in your diet.
Read on to find out how to make keto bread at home.
Keto Bread: What is it?
Ketogenic bread is low in carbohydrates, high in healthy fats, and without any cereal-based flour: wheat, oatmeal, rice, etc.
Ketogenic bread is also a gluten-free product, allowing for celiacs.
This type of bread can be included with dinner as it is an excellent combination with cheese or avocado to make a ketogenic breakfast.
- Spray oil
- Seven eggs
- Half a cup of butter (semi-melted)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups of almond flour
- Half a cup of coconut flour
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- Half a cup of xanthan gum
- Half a tablespoon of salt
- 60 g of chopped almonds (optional)
How to make keto bread?
Making ketogenic bread is simple; it takes only 40 minutes, classifying it as a medium difficulty level.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Place a bread mold with vegetable oil in the range or, if you prefer, a silicone mold.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl until foamy, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the butter and the olive oil and mix well
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and xanthan gum to a separate bowl and mix.
- Add the eggs, butter, and oil mixture to the dry mix, preventing lumps from forming.
- If you decide to add chopped almonds or other nuts, this is the time.
- Pour the mixture into the preheated mold with the help of a spatula.
- Bake at 180 C. After 30 minutes, you can remove it from the oven and add nuts to give it a crunchy texture on the surface. Leave it for at least 15 more minutes.
- Ready you have a delicious keto bread to accompany your meals.
Nutritional value of two slices of keto bread:
- Energy: 255 KCal
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Proteins: 9 g
- Total fat: 23 g
- Fibra: 2 g
Keto bread is a low-carb type of bread. It can be used both for breakfast and accompanied with scrambled eggs as well as it is perfect in combination with cherry tomatoes, Serrano ham, and avocado. If you have tried it and were successful, comment below.