It is not news that exercising helps you lose weight. However, losing weight with a low level of physical activity is possible.
Weight loss is achieved with a negative balance of calories, known as a caloric deficit.
This article describes what to do to lose weight without exercising.
How to lose weight without exercising?
In a gym routine or when running for 30 minutes, the body burns no more than 300-600 kcal. This is the equivalent of a serving of junk food.
To lose weight, it is much more effective not to try to burn calories with exercise but to start controlling them with an eating plan.
It is excess food that most often causes excess fat in the body. (1)
Supplementing with exercises can help, but if you do not change your nutritional habits, the results in losing weight will not be as expected.
Diet to lose weight without exercising
If you are looking to lose weight without exercising, the first thing to do is achieve a negative calorie balance.
Below you can see an example of an eating plan to lose weight without exercising:
- BREAKFAST: Coffee with skim milk with one whole-wheat toast with lean cheese.
- MID-MORNING: 1 orange or kiwi.
- LUNCH: Baked blue fish with broccoli, green salad, and cherry tomatoes. Green Tea.
- SNACK: 1 skim yogurt with chia seeds and blueberries.
- DINNER: Omelette with one egg + 1 white with tuna and bean salad.
- BREAKFAST: Natural orange juice, one whole-wheat toast with lean ham, and a handful of nuts.
- MID-MORNING: 1 low-fat yogurt with half a banana.
- LUNCH: Grilled chicken breast. Cabbage, buckwheat, and grated carrot salad.
- SNACK: 1 apple.
- DINNER: 1 cup of blended soup. One omelet (1 egg + 1 white) with mushrooms. Tomato and olive salad.
- BREAKFAST: Coffee with vegetable milk. Oatmeal pancake with skim cheese spread.
- MID-MORNING: 1 tangerine and 1 low-fat yogurt.
- LUNCH: Tofu sauteed in coconut oil. Green leafy salad, quinoa, and half an avocado. Green Tea.
- SNACK: 1 peach.
- DINNER: Chicken fillet. Lettuce, tomato, and cucumber salad. ½ cup blueberries
- BREAKFAST: Fresh orange juice with chia with one whole-wheat toast spread with light cheese and tomato.
- MID-MORNING: 2 slices of pineapple.
- LUNCH: Baked chicken breast with vegetables. Arugula, kale, amaranth, and cucumber salad.
- SNACK: 1 low-fat yogurt.
- DINNER: Tomato, tuna, and lean cheese salad. 1 cinnamon tea.
- Friday breakfast: Coffee with almond milk. Oatmeal pancake with lean cheese.
- MID-MORNING: 1 orange.
- LUNCH: Grilled beef steak with brown rice, mushrooms, and spinach. 1 cup of strawberries. Green Tea.
- SNACK: 250 g of chopped fruits and low-fat yogurt.
- DINNER: Omelette with lean cheese. Tomato, cucumber, and black olive salad. 2 pieces of dark chocolate 70% cocoa.
- BREAKFAST: Detox shake with one whole-wheat toast, spreadable lean cheese, and tomatoes.
- MID-MORNING: 2 dark chocolate cubes and half a banana
- LUNCH: Wholemeal pasta with cherry tomato, cheese, and basil.
- SNACK: 1 tangerine and 1 low-fat yogurt.
- DINNER: Baked fish with vegetables. 1 cup of watermelon. 1 chamomile tea.
- BREAKFAST: Scrambled eggs with tomatoes and three whole-grain cookies. Black coffee.
- MID-MORNING: 1 peach
- LUNCH: Brown rice with wok vegetables, mushrooms, and teriyaki sauce. 1 handful of blueberries. Green Tea.
- SNACK: Protein shake without sugar.
- DINNER: Fish soup with buckwheat and tomatoes. One low-fat yogurt with oatmeal and blueberries.
Importance of exercise in losing weight
Combining exercise with a healthy eating plan is more effective in losing weight than relying solely on calorie restriction.
Also, exercise can prevent or even reverse the effects of certain diseases. Exercise lowers blood pressure and cholesterol, which can prevent a heart attack.
Also, if you exercise, you lower your risk of developing certain types of cancer, such as colon and breast cancer. Exercise is also known to help contribute to confidence and well-being.
However, if you have no other choice and want to lose weight without exercise, this is also possible.
- Losing weight without exercising is possible. For this, it is necessary to follow a low-calorie eating plan.
- However, combining exercise with a good eating plan will speed up the weight loss process.
- Exercise can increase the number of calories you burn in a day. It can also help you maintain and increase lean muscle mass.