Eating a diet high in plant fiber has several health benefits. It regulates the digestion process, controls the feeling of hunger, and regulates blood sugar levels.
Read on to learn how to do a plant fiber diet and what it is for, with a weekly sample menu.
- Diet to lose belly – Sample menu
- The ketogenic diet – Menu keto pdf
- Weight Loss Diets – The Most Effective
Plant Fiber: What is it?
Vegetable or dietary fiber is a complex carbohydrate that cannot be digested by the human stomach.
The enzymes of the digestive system cannot process the vegetable fiber, so it does not contribute calories.
Foods rich in plant fiber help regulate blood sugar levels. Essential for people with diabetes or prediabetes. Also, dietary fiber is recommended for people who have constipation problems.
Fiber Diet – Sample Weekly Menu
A menu rich in plant fiber should always include whole grains and a wide variety of fruits. The types of bran (for example, oat bran) always have higher fiber content than their standard equivalents.
The foods to avoid are all sugary and ultra-processed. In addition, most fatty foods (fried sausages, red meat) practically do not contain fiber in their composition. Reducing them from your diet will help you feel healthier.
Below you can see what a fiber diet menu would look like:
- BREAKFAST: Coffee with 1 whole-wheat toast with lean cheese and unsweetened jam.
- MID-MORNING: 1 orange or kiwi.
- LUNCH: Baked tuna with brown rice, green broccoli salad, and cherry tomatoes. Green Tea.
- SNACK: 1 skim yogurt with chia seeds and blueberries.
- DINNER: Omelette of 2 eggs + 2 white with a tomatoes, beans, and beans salad.
- BREAKFAST: Natural orange juice, 1 whole-wheat toast with lean ham and a handful of nuts.
- MID-MORNING: 1 shake with half a banana and chia seeds.
- LUNCH: Grilled chicken breast. Cabbage, buckwheat, grated carrot, and flaxseed salad .
- SNACK: 1 apple and skimmed yogurt.
- DINNER: 1 cup of vegetable soup. Tomato salad, eggs, olives and beans, sesame oil. 1 cup of watermelon.
- BREAKFAST: Coffee with vegetable milk. Oatmeal pancake with unsweetened jam.
- MID-MORNING: Half a cup of strawberries and one low-fat yogurt.
- LUNCH: Tofu sauteed in coconut oil. Green leafy salad, quinoa and half an avocado. Green Tea.
- SNACK: 1 peach.
- DINNER: Chicken fillet. Lettuce, tomato and cucumber salad. ½ cup blueberries
- BREAKFAST: Fresh orange juice with chia with 1 whole-wheat toast spread with skim cheese and unsweetened jam.
- MID-MORNING: 2 slices of pineapple.
- LUNCH: Baked chicken breast with vegetables. Arugula, kale, amaranth and cucumber salad .
- SNACK: 5 oat bran and flax seed cookies.
- DINNER: Baked fish with peppers and sweet potatoes. 1 cinnamon tea .
- FridayBREAKFAST: Coffee with almond milk. Oatmeal pancake with lean cheese.
- MID-MORNING: 1 orange.
- LUNCH: Grilled chicken fillet with brown rice, mushrooms and spinach. 1 cup of strawberries. Green Tea.
- SNACK: 250 g of chopped fruits and low-fat yogurt.
- DINNER: Omelette with lean cheese. Tomato, cucumber and black olive salad. 2 pieces of dark chocolate 70% cocoa.
- BREAKFAST: Detox shake with 1 whole-wheat toast, spreadable lean cheese and tomatoes.
- MID-MORNING: 2 dark chocolate cubes and half a banana
- LUNCH: Wholemeal pasta with cherry tomato, cheese and basil.
- SNACK: 1 tangerine and 1 low-fat yogurt.
- DINNER: Baked fish with vegetables. 1 cup of watermelon. 1 chamomile tea.
- BREAKFAST: Scrambled eggs with tomatoes and 3 whole-grain cookies. Black coffee.
- MID-MORNING: 1 peach
- LUNCH: Brown rice with wok vegetables, mushrooms, and teriyaki sauce. One handful of blueberries. Green Tea.
- SNACK: Protein shake without sugar.
- DINNER: Buckwheat with lean ham and tomatoes. One skim chocolate dessert.
List of foods to eat on a fiber diet
If you have decided to go on a fiber diet, whole grains, fruits, and mushrooms cannot be missing from your food list.
Here are the foods that can not be missing in fiber diets.
|Food||Vegetable fiber (in 100 g)|
|Wheat bran, oats||40-45 g|
|Flax, chia, sesame seeds||25-30 g|
|Dehydrated fruit||12-15 g|
grains and pseudo-cereals (oats, buckwheat, quinoa, millet)
|Legumes (lentils, beans, chickpeas)||9-13 g|
|Pan integral||8-9 g|
|Berries (blueberries, cherries)||5-8 g|
|Sweet fruits (Peaches, oranges, bananas)||2-4 g|
Does this eating plan help you lose weight?
The fiber diet is an effective method of regulating body weight. Research has confirmed a tendency to have lower body mass indexes than those who eat a low fiber diet. (1,2)
Studies have confirmed that when using a vegetarian fiber diet to lose weight, they had better results compared to traditional low-calorie diets. (3,4)
High consumption of foods with plant fiber makes a person feel more full.
Also, dieting with fiber is an effective method of regulating blood sugar levels. This is particularly important for those with insulin resistance, prediabetes, or diabetes. (4)
A diet menu with plant fiber should include whole foods, fruits, and legumes.
The benefits of this eating plan are to lower body weight and regulate blood sugar levels and reduce appetite.
A diet rich in fiber is an effective method of losing weight healthily.