Most women who want to lose weight and shed body fat want to do it as quickly as possible—setting goals with extreme diets, such as losing up to 20 kg in 1 month.
Unfortunately, the human body can burn no more than 400-700 g of adipose tissue per week. (1) When it comes to eliminating excess weight quickly, it can be accompanied by hormonal changes that are dangerous for health.
The best way to lose weight healthily and permanently is to set goals and not go on a diet. But an excellent balanced eating plan.
This article describes how a meal or diet plan should be for overweight women to lose weight healthily and permanently.
// Recommended: Causes of overweight and obesity – What are they?
Diet to lose weight in a healthy and permanent way
The first thing in a diet plan for overweight women is establishing the ratio between carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. The ideal in terms of health is to set the amounts at 55:20:25. (2,3,4)
The second step is to determine a person’s basal metabolic rate and the number of calories they need. This will be different for women and men, as well as it varies according to age.
While counting calories in excess do not make sense, Knowing how much energy is in the dishes is a way to determine the appropriate portions and amounts for a person to lose weight. An eating plan for overweight women consists of:
- Reduce calorie intake by 15-20%
- Maximum rejection of simple carbohydrates and refined flours
- Focus on foods with fiber
- The transition from animal to vegetable fat
- Contribution of proteins of high biological value
To lose weight healthily, you must first abandon simple carbohydrates (sweets, sugar, honey, fructose syrup) and refined flours. These foods should be replaced by complex carbohydrates: vegetables and whole grains.
The main problem with sweets is not their caloric content, but it causes an increase in appetite and makes a person tend to overeat. (2) In the long term, this is counterproductive for women to reduce belly size.
/ / Read more:
- Diet to lose weight without starving
- How to lose weight? – Methods that do work
- How do you remove fat from the sides?
Sample weekly meal plan for overweight women
In an eating plan to lose weight healthily and permanently, food must be distributed correctly throughout the day, avoiding both sugar and its substitutes and prefer oven and steam cooking methods. Here is an example of a weekly meal plan for overweight women:
- BREAKFAST: Coffee with vegetable milk with one whole-wheat toast with lean cheese.
- MID-MORNING: 1 banana
- LUNCH: Baked breast with kale salad, cherry tomatoes, and quinoa.
- SNACK: 1 skimmed yogurt with unsweetened blueberries and a handful of nuts.
- DINNER: Tuna, cabbage, and bean salad. One cup of melon in cubes.
- BREAKFAST: Coffee with plant milk, oatmeal porridge, half a cup of strawberries
- MID-MORNING: 1 low-fat yogurt with half a banana.
- LUNCH: Grilled fish. Cabbage, buckwheat and grated carrot salad .
- SNACK: Natural orange juice, 1 whole-wheat toast with lean ham and avocado.
- DINNER: 1 cup of blended soup. One omelette with spinach (2 eggs + 2 whites) with spinach. Tomato, cactus, and olives salad.
- BREAKFAST: Oatmeal pancake with skim cheese spread. Coffee with skim milk
- MID-MORNING: 1 tangerine and 1 low-fat yogurt.
- LUNCH: Quinoa burgers. Salad with green leaves, tomatoes, and half an avocado. Green Tea.
- SNACK: 1 skimmed yogurt and one peach.
- DINNER: Baked chicken with pumpkin puree.
- BREAKFAST: Natural orange juice with chia, scrambled eggs: 2 eggs, one white with tomato.
- MID-MORNING: Half a cup of watermelon
- LUNCH: Baked fish with vegetables. Arugula, kale, amaranth and cucumber salad .
- SNACK: 1 low-fat yogurt.
- DINNER: Caesar salad. 1 cinnamon tea .
- BREAKFAST: Coffee with almond milk. Oatmeal pancake with lean cheese.
- MID-MORNING: 1 banana.
- LUNCH: Grilled beef steak with brown rice, mushrooms and spinach. 1 cup of strawberries. Green Tea.
- SNACK: Skim yogurt with blueberries and one handful of nuts.
- DINNER: Vegetable omelet with tomato, cucumber, and black olives salad.
- BREAKFAST: Detox shake with 1 whole-wheat toast, spreadable lean cheese and tomatoes.
- MID-MORNING: 2 dark chocolate cubes and half a banana
- LUNCH: Wholemeal pasta with cherry tomato, cheese and basil.
- SNACK: 1 peach and 1 low-fat yogurt.
- DINNER: Baked fish with vegetables. One chamomile tea. 2 pieces of dark chocolate 70% cocoa.
- BREAKFAST: Coffee with almond milk. Three whole-grain cookies and avocado.
- MID-MORNING: 1 cup of watermelon
- LUNCH: Brown rice with wok vegetables, mushrooms, and teriyaki sauce. Green Tea.
- SNACK: Skimmed yogurt with nuts and blueberries
- DINNER: Chicken breast with tomatoes, lean cheese, and basil. White tea. 1 fruit
How to lose weight and maintain it over time?
To lose weight and maintain it over time, goals should be set not as an emergency system of losing 20 kg for the summer. But make a smooth transition, looking for the ideal weight with a significant reduction in body fat percentage. Here is what women should do to lose weight healthily and permanently:
- Week 1 – Analyze what you eat and how much energy you need. Learn to distinguish which carbohydrates to avoid and which to eat. What are healthy fats and what are not? Start by limiting sweets, sodas, fast foods, sugary juices, and cakes.
- Week 2 – A meal plan for overweight women should not restrict a group of macronutrients as much as possible. To lose weight healthily and permanently, you must consume a correct proportion of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats throughout the day.
- Week 3 – Increase your physical activity and the amount of water you drink per day. Try to move more, take the stairs instead of the elevator, and go for a walk during lunch. The goal should be to develop a practical habit of physical activity, not an attempt to burn fat with exercise as quickly as possible.
- Week 4 – Reduction of sodium and glutamate. Remember that salt and glutamate are camouflaged in various industrial products. Sodium can retain fluids and glutamate the desire to eat.
- Week 5 – Select a method to boost your body fat loss. Intermittent fasting is one of the best to lose weight permanently. This is because it allows a person to learn better to control the feeling of anxiety and hunger toward food.
- Week 6 – The last step to losing weight and maintaining it over time is to carry out a plan with rules for healthy eating. This type of diet has the advantage of helping overweight people and has numerous health benefits. Choosing foods with high nutritional value and non-industrial is the basic rule.
Common Diet Mistakes for Overweight Women
Lacking weight as quickly as possible with a substantial calorie restriction will only cause the rebound effect. When the amount of energy is reduced to the maximum, cortisol, the stress hormone, and the hormone leptin get out of control. A person becomes nervous and has trouble sticking to the meal plan over time.
One of the common mistakes in a weight loss eating plan is going on a mono diet. For example, a diet based on a single food ( the pineapple diet ). This eating plan tends to lead to a lack of nutrients.
On the other hand, eliminating fat from the diet is often a common mistake. Choosing low-fat and skim foods all the time can lead to a hormonal imbalance. This behavior has not given good results in losing weight and maintaining it in women and men. (3)
To lose weight healthily and permanently, the first step is to change your eating habits.
The weight loss process must be gradual, not urgent and abrupt, to maintain the results over time.
An eating plan for overweight women should be reduced by 10-20% in calories and foods with complex carbohydrates as the primary energy source.
Healthy fats and protein should provide the rest of the calories.